Clicking the publish button on Amazon or Barnes and Noble is a pretty easy thing. Getting noticed? Ha. Have fun storming the castle. This is where a Street Team comes in. What is a Street Team? Well, a traditional street team is a group of people who ‘hit the streets’ promoting an event or a product. But this is the Internet and I’m selling ebooks so taping flyers to telephone poles won’t help.
What will help is Human Beings TM and social media. Social media is word of mouth gone crazy.
How do I join the Street Team?
New members are always welcome! From casual Facebook users to people with a massive social media presence, just come right on in. All we really need is people with a positive attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to signal boost important milestones in book productions (e.g. cover reveals, release dates, and so on.)
- Spread the news about the books and series to your family and friends via word of mouth (if you’re an introvert, that’s okay. Just stick to online signal boosts!)
- Buy the books during the first week of release (this helps get the books on bestseller lists and noticed by others on the eBook stores)
- Leave an honest review on the retailer you purchased from and on Goodreads.
- Like, share, retweet, reblog my social posts (or post your own)
- Join in on any major social media pushes e.g. cover reveals, book release day
- Foster a sense of collaboration in seeing the books succeed; whether it’s making sure they get featured on a book blog or vlog or another marketing niche, I value new ideas and new connections.
In return, you’ll receive:
- My gratitude. No joking here. I wrote a bunch of words alone, sitting at my computer. They went off to the editor and turned into a story. Anyone who helps me find the audience for that story has my undying gratitude _/\_
- Team collaboration. We have a Slack team space for coordinating efforts and sharing files.
- SWAG. I know everyone has lives so, for taking time out of your craziness for my books, have some awesome. I hope to have better swag as time goes on, but for now, expect:
- A sneak previews of covers before the cover reveals
- A preview of the chapters before ARCs come out
- A drawing during release months for a $20 Amazon gift card (two winners)
- Pre-made promotional materials for your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts so you can just jump right in